At the National Eczema Association (NEA), our employees are at the heart of our mission to improve the health and quality of life for individuals with eczema through research, support and education.
Operations Support Specialist
Reporting to the Associate Director, Operations, the Operations Support Specialist, is a motivated individual with initiative and a strong commitment to service. You are extremely detail-oriented, highly organized, database-savvy, have excellent communication skills, and possess strong problem-solving abilities. Creative thinking skills are important, the ability to deal with multiple projects, people and responsibilities on tight deadlines, is essential. You are a jack-of-all-trades within the organization, and a quick learner. The Operations Support Specialist plays a critical role in day-to-day operations and project support for the entire NEA team.
All candidates must have substantial Salesforce database experience and possess a ‘can-do’ attitude. The ability to bring creative and solution-oriented skills to a fast-paced department is important. You must have advanced knowledge in MS Office Suite and/or Google Suite and have prior experience in shipping and logistics.
This position is currently remote with some time in our Novato office for training and as duties require. When Marin County COVID-19 safety protocols allow, this position will be in our Novato-based office.
- Data entry in Salesforce with an exceptional attention to detail
- Support the Development Department with various fundraising campaigns
- Create and fulfill donation thank you letters, etc.
- Meticulous data input of donation and donor relationship information, mailings of all sizes, donor customer service
- Assist Marketing & Communications department with preparation for patient conference & provide on-site event support
- Assist Salesforce Administrator with various data entry and reporting needs
- Manage accurate and consistent mailing lists for fundraising letters, quarterly magazine, booklet orders information packets and various fundraising events.
- Process all accounts receivable in Salesforce: donations, sponsorships, registration fees, booklet and t-shirt orders
- Maintain detailed electronic filing system using Google Drive
- Programmatic support for the Seal of Acceptance and Ambassador Program
- Assist in Awareness activities and events
- Work with COO and Accountant to process invoices
- Provide front-line telephone support – includes eczema patient support and routing calls to the appropriate staff person
- Assist the President & CEO in planning events, board meetings, coordinate staff events, lunches and team building
- Manage all office equipment contracts and make sure office equipment is in working order. Order supplies, provide general maintenance, troubleshoot and assist staff on how to use office equipment
- Help to prepare expense reports for the staff
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- 2+ years Salesforce experience
- Must have at least 2 years shipping and logistics experience and ability to handle multiple shipping projects at once
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet firm deadlines
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving and strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player
- Effective independent worker
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Calendar); must know how to mail merge.
- Ability to lift and move boxes as needed
- Minimal travel in summer to annual in person, patient conference
Desires a fun, devoted, compassionate work environment based on high standards and teamwork. Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Employee optional 401K plan
- Optional Flexible Spending Plan
- Other standard organization benefits
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the cover letter an explanation of why you believe you are a fit for this position. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
NEA is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1988, the National Eczema Association (NEA) is dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for individuals with eczema through research, support, and education. NEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors and guided by a Scientific & Medical Advisory Council comprised of top U.S. medical professionals in the field. NEA conducts a variety of programs to achieve its mission, including patient conferences, fundraising walks, Eczema Awareness Month, nationwide support groups, print and online communications, research grant program and a variety of advocacy initiatives. Headquartered in Novato, California, the organization is experiencing unprecedented growth and is poised to usher in a new era of care, research, and advocacy for the eczema community. Candidates need to be versatile and flexible.