At the National Eczema Association (NEA), our employees are at the heart of our mission. We are the driving force for an eczema community fueled by knowledge, strengthened through collective action and propelled by the promise for a better future.
If you have a question about jobs at NEA, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1988, the National Eczema Association (NEA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and the largest patient advocacy organization serving the over 31 million Americans who live with eczema and those who care for them. NEA provides programs and resources to elevate the diverse lived experience of eczema, and help patients and caregivers understand their disease, actively engage in their care, find strength in one another – and improve their lives. Additionally, NEA advances critical eczema research and partners with key stakeholders to ensure the patient voice is represented and valued in education, care and treatment decision making. The eczema community is at an exciting juncture, with increased recognition of the seriousness and burden of eczema and a surge in scientific interest and development of new treatments. Bolstered by NEA’s strategic plan, Blueprint 2025, we are driving toward the ultimate vision: a world without eczema.
Research Data Analyst
COVER LETTER REQUIRED, Word or PDF format only.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Real-World Data, the Research Data Analyst will be responsible for managing and analyzing large datasets primarily from NEA’s EczemaWise app and interpreting and visualizing trends from real-world data to inform EczemaWise and Research program performance. The Research Data Analyst will work closely with the Research, Communications, Operations, and Programs staff to maintain data integrity, in the management and analysis of data, development of data visualizations, and interpretation and presentation to stakeholders.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) and is currently remote. When Marin County COVID-19 safety protocols allow, this position can be in our Novato office. Fully remote home-based locations may be considered for exceptional candidates.
- Data analysis
- Track EczemaWise and analyze longitudinal survey and in-app behavior
- Collaborate with colleagues to refine NEA research questions and identify readiness to embark on studies with the given data
- Data visualization
- Create charts, graphs, dashboards and maintain visualizations for internal as well as external research or EczemaWise business needs
- Data presentation
- Present analysis and visualizations to the EczemaWise Team, contribute to drawing conclusions from the data
- Develop reports for sponsors, vendors, and research collaborators
- Identify opportunities to personalize the user experience in the app given in-app behavior. Collaborate with colleagues in Communications and Operations to build and maintain the personalized in-app experience based on data
- Contribute authorship to abstracts, posters, and publications derived from EczemaWise data findings. Present at scientific meetings as appropriate
- Data integrity
- Work with developers to ensure features and functionality maintain research standards and data integrity
- Identify areas for data cleaning and execute (with the help of developers as needed)
- Handle external researcher requests and access
- Survey data
- Maintain the EczemaWise and survey research relational databases
- Ensure proper survey setup in the EczemaWise app
- Survey data analysis as it relates to the EczemaWise user population
- Contribute insights and support as needed for NEA initiatives to advance real world data collection through patient engagement in EczemaWise and surveys
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related, social, behavioral science or statistics-related field required.
- At least 2+ years’ experience as an analyst in an established organization, experience with large health-related datasets and/or experience working with mobile/web app data preferred.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in mathematics/statistical methods with the skill to translate complex statistical information into understandable reports.
- Strong reporting and data visualization skills (any experience in Tableau, Mixpanel, Data Suite, R, or other visualization software).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Professional who can work independently without close oversight, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects with differing, and at times changing, priorities and timelines.
- Periodic travel required.
- Position open to US residents only. I9 employment verification required
The National Eczema Association offers an attractive benefits package to the qualified candidate:
- Salary range: $80,000 – $100,000, dependent on experience
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life Insurance
- Employer paid pension plan
- Employee optional 401K plan
- Optional Flexible Spending Plan
- Other standard organization benefits
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter. Please include in the cover letter an explanation of why you believe you are a fit for this position. Submissions without the requested information will not be considered.
Mail: National Eczema Association, 505 San Marin Drive, Suite B300, Novato, CA 94945
Position open until filled
NEA is an equal opportunity employer
Position open to US residents only. I9 employment verification required.
NEA does not sponsor employment visas.