At the National Eczema Association (NEA), our employees are at the heart of our mission to improve the health and quality of life for individuals with eczema through research, support and education.
Founded in 1988, the National Eczema Association (NEA) is dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for individuals with eczema through research, support, and education. NEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors and guided by a Scientific & Medical Advisory Council comprised of top U.S. medical professionals in the field. NEA conducts a variety of programs to achieve its mission, including patient conferences, fundraising walks, Eczema Awareness Month, nationwide support groups, print and online communications, research grant program and a variety of advocacy initiatives. Headquartered in Novato, California, the organization is experiencing unprecedented growth and is poised to usher in a new era of care, research, and advocacy for the eczema community. Candidates need to be versatile and flexible.
Program Communications Manager (Contract)
NEA seeks a Program Communications Manager on a full time, contract basis to manage communications and marketing for NEA’s key programs and initiatives. This position is full time (40 hours per week) and reports to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
This position is currently remote. When Marin County COVID-19 safety protocols allow, this position will have the option to work from the Novato-based shared office.
- Work with program staff to develop and execute communications plans for specific initiatives (such as Seal of Acceptance, Ambassador program, EczemaWise), including identifying voice and messaging, target audiences, tactics, assets and channels
- Manage project timelines and support budget development and management
- Function as primary liaison with program teams and align timing of new developments with broader communications plan
- Keep finger on the pulse of eczema and dermatology news and position NEA to engage in broader industry and stakeholder conversations
- Work with Senior Manager, Content & Editorial and Director of Communications & Marketing to develop content strategy and editorial calendar, generating story ideas and assets that engage the community to reach awareness and revenue goals
- Facilitate production of assets such as videos, webinars, podcasts, photos, etc., working with outside vendors as needed
- Work with Senior Manager, Marketing & Events to develop digital marketing tactics (emails, social, digital ads) that serve programmatic goals
- Develop content for program marketing such as website copy, emails, social posts, press releases, blog posts, one-pagers, etc.
- Pursue media relations strategy with targeted outlets and reporters to grow awareness of NEA initiatives and experts
- Track, measure and analyze all tactics, assessing the effectiveness and adjusting as needed
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent writing/medical writing skills and ability to translate complicated ideas (like research and science) into compelling, accessible and shareable content for diverse audiences
- Great instinct for messages, tactics and tone that will resonate across audiences
- Immaculate proofreading and editing skills; strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and exercise good judgment
- Proven ability to work independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who productively engages with the internal NEA team, as well as external stakeholders, as needed
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies that delineate clear goals and measurable results
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet firm deadlines
- Flexibility and sense of humor
- Familiarity with Salesforce (or other CRM), Pardot, WordPress, Google Analytics and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in communications, marketing, PR, journalism or biology) plus at least four years of marketing/communications and writing experience, especially in a nonprofit and/or medical field
- Experience in the dermatology/medical space and knowledge of eczema
- Passion for empowering patient and caregiver audience
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter. Please include in the cover letter an explanation of why you believe you are a fit for this position. Submissions without the requested information will not be considered. Email: email@example.com
NEA is an equal opportunity employer.