Yes, classifying different subtypes of eczema DOES help with diagnosis and treatment.
Published On: May 12, 2017
Last Updated On: May 12, 2017
We asked our Facebook community what they do to create an allergy-free environment in their home. Here’s what they said:
1. I removed all of my carpets and curtains. I wash all linens and stuffed animals weekly.
2. I air out the house, especially in the winter, by opening the windows. Diatomaceous earth also helps get rid of dust mites.
3. I use homemade laundry soap.
4. I vacuum my bed all the time. You wouldn’t believe how much dust is in the mattress and it upsets my eczema a lot.
5. I vacuum everyday.
6. I do wet dusting with warm water rather than polish or chemicals. Cleaning the bedding regularly is also a must — I vacuum the mattresses.
7. We use an air mattress on a wooden slat base. Comfortable and zero dust mites.
8. I use an iRobot home cleaning robot that runs daily, dust mite covers and an air purifier.
9. Natural cleaners and a central vacuum system eliminates all dust from rising back up.
10. I bathe my cat at least once a month in the winter and almost every week in the summer.