- Types of Eczema
- Eczema in Children
- Living Well
- Eczema Products
- Get Involved
- For Medical Professionals
A Phase 3b Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Active Controlled Study Comparing the Safety and Efficacy of Upadacitinib to Dupilumab in Adult Subjects With Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis
This is a phase 3, randomized, multi-center study that will evaluate upadacitinib versus dupilumab in adults (18-75 years of age) with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (AD) who are candidates for systemic therapy. The study is comprised of a 35-day screening period, a 24-week blinded treatment period, and a 12-week follow-up period.
18 Years to 75 Years
– Participant has active moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (AD) defined by Eczema
Area and Severity Index (EASI), Investigator’s Global Assessment (IGA), Body Surface
Area (BSA) and pruritus.
– Participant is a candidate for systemic therapy or have recently required systemic
therapy for AD.
– Participant has prior exposure to Janus Kinase (JAK) inhibitor.
– Participant has prior exposure to dupilumab.
– Participant is unable or unwilling to discontinue current AD treatments prior to the
– Participant has requirement of prohibited medications during the study.
– Participant has other active skin diseases or skin infections requiring systemic
treatment or would interfere with appropriate assessment of AD lesions.
– Female participant who is pregnant, breastfeeding, or considering pregnancy during the
Study Director: AbbVie Inc.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT03738397
UCSF Fresno Center for Medical Education and Research /ID# 213253
Fresno, California 93701-2302
California Allergy and Asthma Medical Group /ID# 213680
Los Angeles, California 90025-7014
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine /ID# 208680
Chicago, Illinois 60611-2927
Sugar Land Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Center /ID# 211153
Sugar Land, Texas 77479-3153
Naftalan - Specijalna bolnica za medicinsku rehabilitaciju /ID# 209937
Ivanić-Grad, Zagrebacka Zupanija 10310
Municipal Institution Zaporizhzhya Regional Skin and Venereal Clinical Dispensar /ID# 210435