What's happening at Expo 2021?
To accommodate our global community, Virtual Expo will feature a modular agenda, allowing education and connection to take place from early morning until evening.
The Expo event site will open partially on Monday, Aug. 23. Registrants will be able to start their eczema education by visiting Expo On Demand, our library of videos and other content.
Expo officially starts Friday, Aug. 27 at 3 p.m., officially ends Sunday, Aug. 29 at 3:30 p.m. and will feature more than 75 sessions to educate, support and entertain attendees.
Session types include:
- General sessions and panels – All attendees come together to hear world-class speakers share stories and discuss things that matter to the eczema community. Topics will include new eczema treatments, representation in eczema research and care and identifying and addressing challenges in getting the care you need (beyond just your skin).
- Presentations – Educational sessions hosted by top-notch professionals. Topics will include pediatric eczema, eczema management and treatment, identifying and dealing with triggers and handling itch and sleep issues.
- Discussions – Interactive sessions led by experts, thought leaders and community members. Topics will include eczema advocacy, self image, caring for the caregiver, steroid use and TSW and sharing your story.
- Support groups – Peer- and expert-led sessions designed to offer guidance and support to people with eczema and their caregivers.
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) – Live video sessions where you can ask experts and peers anything. Topics include facial eczema, parenting, beauty and grooming, natural therapies for eczema and, new for 2021, “literally anything,” where you can break out one-on-one with a professional to ask your most awkward eczema questions.
- Workshops – Two-hour sessions designed to help you explore topics and experiences more deeply.
- Fitness sessions – Flare-friendly yoga, meditation and family fitness sessions offered live and on-demand.
- Ecz-tracurriculars – Fun for one and all! Friday and Saturday evenings will feature meet-ups, a mixology class, a scavenger hunt, a spoken word open mic and our annual Ecz-travaganza DJ’d dance party!
This year, we’re offering Expo Camp for Jr. Warriors (ages 6-11) and Sr. Warriors (ages 12-18). We know, we know: A year of distance learning means kids have had it with Zoom. That’s why we’re making every Expo Camp session count.
Jr. Warriors sessions will let kiddos meet new friends by engaging in art projects and cooking class, introducing their pets and touring their rooms and joining a kid-friendly scavenger hunt. And, because this is Eczema Expo after all, we’re offering a session called “Let’s Talk About Eczema” where Jr. Warriors will be able to learn and talk about their eczema.
Sr. Warriors are invited to join selected Adult Admission presentations and discussions in addition to Sr. Warriors exclusive sessions like cooking class, art projects, ecz-mentors (where they can get advice from doctors as well as eczema mentors who have been there and done that) and speed friending. Expo Campers will be invited to Opening and Closing sessions, selected fitness sessions and all family-friendly ecz-tracurriculars.